After the Supreme Court collegium transferred 12 High Court judges last month, transfers continued this month as well. Two Chief Justices and three Judges were transferred, effective this month.
Here are the details of the transfers announced yesterday:
- Chief Justice Navin Sinha from Chhattisgarh High Court has been transferred to the Rajasthan High Court as Chief Justice SK Mittal has recently retired.
- Chief Justice Deepak Gupta, Chief Justice of Tripura High Court would be the new Chief Justice of Chhattisgarh High Court, replacing Justice Sinha
- Justice VP Vaish from Delhi High Court has been transferred to Meghalaya High Court. This is 3rd such transfer of Justices this month after Justice SK Kait was transferred to High Court of Judicature at Hyderabad for the States of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh and Justice Rajiv Shakdher JJ was transferred to Madras High Court.
- Justice Satish Agnihotri from Madras High Court has been transferred to Sikkim High Court
- Justice T Vaiphei J. of the Gauhati High Court has been transferred to Tripura High Court
Last week, Supreme Court had got 4 new Judges; here are their detailed profiles.