India Legal has accessed exclusive details of the Vision Document on Taj Mahal submitted by UP government in the Supreme Court on Tuesday (July 24) in the Taj Trapezium Zone matter. In the 250-pages Vision Document, the UP government has said that it is committed to keep the Taj Mahal safe and secure.
It may be recalled that apex court had slammed the Centre and the state government for not taking measures to protect the iconic structure.
The salient features of the Vision Document are:
- There is no construction happening around the Yamuna river belt
- All the industries causing pollution around the Taj Mahal area should be stopped.
- More efforts should be made to make Taj the tourism hub.
- All the sick industrial units should be removed.
- No plastic zone should be declared around the Taj Mahal area.
- Plastic bottles should be banned around the Taj Mahal area
- There should be such traffic arrangement in Agra which encourages pedestrians.
- A specific area should be marked around the Taj Mahal where construction should not be allowed.
Read the Vision Document here.