The Delhi High Court has sought a response from the Registrar General of Delhi High Court and the Delhi government in a petition seeking direction to make, and issue general rules for regulating the practice and proceedings of district courts in the best interest of the justice.
Justice Rekha Palli yesterday remarked that this is a positive petition and that the lower courts are the responsibility of the High Court.
The petition is filed by Abhijit Mishra in the interest of the administration of justice in the subordinate courts of the National Capital Territory of Delhi. The bench has issued a notice in a non-adversarial plea and listed this matter for further hearing on August 16.
The petition sought a writ of mandamus for rules / regulations for the district courts, which are subordinate to the High Court of Delhi for the benefit of the litigants and advocates. The petitioner submitted that the infrastructure of the district court is requiring to be upgraded for the Phase III of the E-Courts project of the Supreme Court of India.
The petitioner further submitted that the High Court of Delhi has not issued notification /rules / regulations for administrative system / procedure for the registration of the applications in the Court Cases of the District Courts under aegis of Article 227 of the Constitution or Code of Civil Procedure 1908 or Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973.
The petitioner pointed out some infrastructural shortcomings the advocates of the District Court face as the Delhi District Courts do not provide the following to the litigants which eventually hamper the administration of justice.
- The Dairy Number is not generated / provided for any kind of filings (Submission of Pleadings / Application) before the Honourable District Courts.
- The Interlocutory Applications / Criminal Application number are not generated for any filings of such application before the Honourable District Courts
- There is no provision for the online submissions of the pleadings / applications before the Honourable District Courts.
- There is no provision for the online request for the certified copy of the orders / judgments / case files before the Honourable District Courts.
- There is no provision for checking the online information status of any filing of the pleadings / applications before the Honourable District Courts.
Source : ILNS