Want create site? Find Free WordPress Themes and plugins.
- MJ Akbar’s much-touted ‘team of 97 lawyers’ was either a media error, as journalists wrote this without doing due diligence, or deliberately committed by #MeToo supporters to score a political point as detractors have claimed. The team actually comprises just six of them —Sandeep Kapur, Veer Sandhu, Niharika Karanjawala, Apoorva Pandey, Mayank Datta and Gudipati G Kashyap, all employed with Karanjawala & Co.
- Of the 11 complainants against him, Akbar picked Priya Ramani as the person he filed the suit against because she was the first to name him on social media referencing an article she wrote about him one month ago in Vogue. Twenty other women have now come out against him, saying they are ready to testify in support of Ramani.
- Akbar has filed a criminal defamation plaint. “He did it because this option was available,” to him, said Karanjawala.
- NCW chief Rekha Sharma has complained not a single woman has come forward with a formal plaint.
- Avneep Dhingra, assistant news editor with The Times of India’s Dehra Dun-West UP desk in New Delhi has resigned in the face of complaints. Last week, a third complaint was made against him, with photo attachments of text messages and nude pics.
- Another female journalist, Ruth David, have gone public with her account of harassment by Akbar. She is the person to have done so since #MeToo made landfall in India a week ago.
—India Legal Bureau
Did you find apk for android? You can find new Free Android Games and apps.