The High Court of Rajasthan has issued a fresh circular superseding all previous directions for High Court, subordinate Courts, Tribunals with respect to restricted functioning of Courts which will remain in force till May 3.
For the High Court the following directions have been issued:
- Only extremely urgent cases will be heard.
- These benches would function between 11.00 am to 01.00 pm. OnIy those Hon’ble Judges are required to come to court who have been assigned roster for urgent work.
- Urgent cases will be listed by the Registry on the request of learned advocates by submitting ‘request slips’ in prescribed format after intimating the opposite counsel, if any between 10.30 am to 12.00 noon.
- Request slips for urgent mentioning shall be considered only if Mobile number and email address of the applicant are mentioned.
- For filing of petition/applications/pleadings/papers etc. only one advocate or his clerk or litigant in person shall be permitted at filing counters.
- The Lawyers shall be at liberty to submit the notes of arguments through email. In addition, the arguments may be advanced through video conference on ‘Jitsi Meet’ Application.
- During the period when Hon’ble Bench(s) would hold sitting, the Advocates/Party-in-Person whose cases are listed will remain ready with their above mentioned whatsapp Mobile Phone.
With respect to the Subordinate Courts and Tribunals a separate circular has been issued which states that only urgent matters such as bail applications, remand matters, injunction/stay Applications, Supurdagi Applications, 164 Cr.P.C. statements including dying declarations shall be taken up. Rest of the matters shall be adjourned accordingly.
The extremely urgent matters shall be taken up through video conference by Vidyo/whatsapp/skype or voice call or any other convenient mode. In matters having no urgency, common dates shall be given which will be published on official web site of each judgeship.
The Presiding Officers deputed for urgent work shall hold court only between 02.00 pm to 04.00 pm.