The Supreme Court Bar Association (SCBA) in order to provide benefit of COVID Grant scheme to its members has relaxed the conditions of eligibility.
In order to extend the COVID Grant Scheme to all members of the Supreme Court Bar Association, who are desirous of availing the scheme in order to enable more members to apply for grants under this Scheme which has been framed for their benefit, reads the June 28 SCBA circular.
The existing essential conditions of eligibility to apply under the Scheme have been relaxed as follows:
- The Scheme is extended to all members of the Supreme Court Bar Association i.e. those who are borne on the rolls of Supreme Court Bar Association till March 2020.
- Members who have paid their Annual Subscription up to 2018 will be eligible to apply for the benefits under this Scheme.
- Members must furnish copies of orders showing 10 (ten) appearances in the Supreme Court of India from January 2019 till the date of their application for obtaining the Grant under this Scheme.
- Members who have received Rs.10,000/- from Advocates on Record Association will be granted a sum of Rs.10,000/- only under this Scheme.
- Any member who has been diagnosed to be afflicted by the Corona Virus will be eligible for grant of Rs.25,000/- on presenting documents from the concerned Government / Municipal Authorities certifying that claimant has been diagnosed with Covid 19 / Corona Virus.
- Member shall submit a declaration confirming authenticity of the documents. In case declaration is found to be incorrect, the member shall refund the grant forthwith and will also be liable for appropriate action.
- Each application will be scrutinized as to its veracity and sanctioned only after due approval by the EC of SCBA. On scrutiny and sanction of the application by the Executive Committee, the SCBA will transfer the amount to the account of the member.
- The sole discretion for granting or otherwise of all applications under the present scheme shall vest exclusively with the EC of SCBA.
- The benefits under the Scheme will be extended to members who have an income less than Rs. 8,00,000/- (Rupees Eight Lakhs) per annum. IT returns of assessment years 2018- 2019 or affidavit to this effect have to be annexed with application.
- The last date for receipt of applications by email to be sent to the SCBA is Wednesday, 15.07.2020, except in respect of members who applied under para 5 above for grant of Rs.25,000/-. In whose cases, the applications will be considered on case to case basis irrespective of cutoff date of 15.07.2020.
- Members who are eligible may email applications bearing the aforesaid details to “firstname.lastname@example.org”. The amended Scheme and Application Form is available on SCBA website i.e. www.scbaindia.org.
Read the circular here;SCBA-Circular-Covid-Grant-amended-27.06.2020-converted-1
SCBA Amended Application Form for ‘COVID Grant Scheme’1593420481401-AMENDED-APPLICATION-FORM-converted
-India Legal Bureau