Tuesday, March 2, 2021
154,225FansLike
654,155FollowersFollow
0SubscribersSubscribe
Want create site? Find Free WordPress Themes and plugins.

Withdrawal of Senior designation: SC defers hearing of Yatin Oza plea

Want create site? Find Free WordPress Themes and plugins.

New Delhi: The Supreme Court today adjourned till September 9 the plea filed by GHCAA President Yatin Oza against the Gujarat High Court’s decision to withdraw his senior designation.

A bench headed by Justice Sanjay Kishan Kaul said that the entire matter after the High Court’s decision will be heard together on September 9 after Oza informed the court that he wanted to amend the petition.

Shortly after the Supreme Court’s order, the High Court of Gujarat refused to accept the apology tendered by Oza observing: “The apology at such a belated stage even if it is assumed to be sincere and bonafide has to be rejected as the same has paled into insignificance in view of the irreparable damage caused to the prestige and honour of the Institution.”

Yatin Oza

The order comes after a full court meeting held on August 23.

The Full Court further observed:

“It is convinced and firmly believes that the apology tendered by Mr Oza at the earlier in point of time and the apology tendered today is completely lacking in bonafides and is no more than a paper apology. Even as an expression of unqualified apology it cannot be accepted in the context of the irreparable damage caused to this institution. The Full Court is firmly of the view that the remorse expressed is a tool to escape the consequences of his misconduct, now having befallen him.”

On August 10, Oza had tendered an unconditional apology to the Full Court where he submitted: “I have the utmost respect for the Hon’ble High Court and it was not my intention whatsoever to scandalize or lower the authority of the Hon’ble Court in any manner whatsoever. I should not and ought not to have made utterances like corrupt practice in the Registry and ought not to have used the terminology of “gambling den” which I unreservedly withdraw. For that and for all my unjustified utterances, I sincerely tender my unconditional, unequivocal and unqualified apology and I request that the same be accepted.”

The Full Court, however, unanimously declined to accept the apology and accordingly the representation of Mr. Oza on August 10, 2020 has been rejected.

Read Also: Delhi HC rejects PIL alleging ICAI’s Rs 15 crore donation to PM CARES violated CA Act

Oza’s Senior designation was withdrawn by the Full Court on July 18 after suo motu case had been initiated against him for making allegations of corruption against the Court Registry in an online press conference.

– India Legal Bureau

Did you find apk for android? You can find new Free Android Games and apps.

News Update

Xiaomi told, in this year can lack processors for smartphones

The semiconductor market has been experiencing a really deep crisis in recent months.

Allahabad High Court denies child custody to woman accused in husband’s murder

The order was given by Justice JJ Munir while dismissing the Habeas Corpus Petition of Gyanmati Kushwaha of Mumbai refusing to handover the custody of the two-year-old daughter to the petitioner wife accused in the murder case of her husband.

Kerala HC sets aside family court order declaring marriage null and void

The Kerala High Court on Tuesday set aside a family court order, observing, “declaring a marriage null and void is a very serious matter because it wipes out a jural relationship”.

Supreme Court forms medical board to examine termination of 26-week pregnancy of 14-year-old

The Supreme Court on Tuesday constituted a medical board to examine whether it would be safe to medically terminate the 26-week pregnancy of a 14-year-old rape victim.
Did you find apk for android? You can find new Free Android Games and apps.