Bahubali mafia Vijay Mishra has got conditional bail from the Allahabad High Court in the forge signatures case on the letter pad of Pradhan.
A Single Bench of Justice Ajay Bhanot passed this order while hearing a Criminal Misc Bail Application filed by Vijay Mishra.
By means of the bail application, the applicant has prayed to be enlarged on bail in Case at Police Station- Gopiganj, District-Sant Ravidas Nagar (Bhadohi) under Sections 419, 420, 467, 468, 471 IPC. The applicant has been in jail since 14.08.2020.
The bail application of the applicant was rejected by the trial court on 30.11.2022.
The following arguments made by the Counsel for the applicant for grant of bail:
(1) The F.I.R is actuated by political malafides and has been registered at the instance of powerful persons in the ruling dispensation.
(2) The applicant did not forge the signatures on the letter pad of the then Pradhan.
(3) In any case the allegations itself stretches of limit to human credulity inasmuch as investigations are not liable to be changed under the influence of a Pradhan.
(4) The applicant never moved an application for change of the investigative agency.
(5) He is a law abiding citizen who cooperated with the investigation and has also joined the trial.
(6) The applicant has explained his criminal history. It is also contended that the applicant is a convenient scapegoat for the police authorities. The applicant has been falsely nominated due to political considerations in a number of cases only to show the proficiency of the police investigators. The said criminal cases have no bearing on the instant bail application.
(7) The applicant is not a flight risk. The applicant being a law abiding citizen has always cooperated with the investigation and undertakes to cooperate with the court proceedings. There is no possibility of his influencing witnesses, tampering with the evidence or reoffending.
In the light of the preceding discussion and without making any observations on the merits of the case, the Court allowed the bail application.
The Court ordered that,
Let the applicant- Vijay Mishra be released on bail in the aforesaid case crime number, on furnishing a personal bond and two sureties each in the like amount to the satisfaction of the court below. The following conditions be imposed in the interest of justice:-
(i) The applicant will not tamper with the evidence or influence any witness during the trial.
(ii) The applicant will appear before the trial court on the date fixed, unless personal presence is exempted.