A fire broke out at a branch of a bank inside the Supreme Court premises on Tuesday. Fire tenders were rushed to the court premises to douse fire. The fire was brought under control and things are fine now.
About six fire tenders were rushed to the premises of Supreme Court of India after a major fire broke out inside the UCO Bank at the court premises this morning.
The Delhi fire department was immediately called and action was taken right away. The bank branch was closed as it was early in the morning. This incident took place near Tilak Marg where the Supreme Court is located.
Although the fire was major, the fire tenders brought it under control within an hour’s time. The exact reason for the fire is still unknown and officials are yet to ascertain the exact reason. The initial reports suggest that it was a short-circuit that led to the fire.
Although there has been no report of loss of life, some bank papers and a few furniture items were gutted.