The Supreme Court Bar Association President, Mr. Dushyant Dave has written a letter addressing to the Supreme Court Bar Members seeking suggestions to be placed in the review meeting held by Committee of Hon’ble Judges comprising of Hon’ble Mr Justice M.V. Ramana, Hon’ble Mr Justice Arun Mishra and Hon’ble Me Justice U.U. Lalit.
Mr Dave has informed in his letter that “The review meeting of the Supreme Court Judges Committee, as aforesaid, is fixed on Friday the 5th June,2020 at 1 pm at Judges Guest House, 34, Prithviraj Road, New Delhi.”
It further mentioned that the meeting is very crucial for the Institution as a whole and Rule of Law in particular. Administration of Justice cannot remain virtually closed for an indefinite period. Justice Delivery is a constant process and must remain so. Thousands of Litigants are clamouring for hearing and disposal of their cases in the Highest Court to get much-awaited Justice.
“For the Bar, there is an existential question. Without Court’s functioning, Members of the Bar, except the privileged few, are in dire need for the Court to start to give them chance to work and livelihood. We, in the EC, are feeling pain suffered by thousands of our Members on a daily basis”, said the President, SCBA
Mr. Dave has further sought suggestions on the below mentioned queries; –
- Do you want regular (physical) hearings to restart in the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India?
- If Yes, how fast do you want the same to begin?
- Do you want only Admission matters to be heard or both Admission and Regular matters to be heard in such hearings?
- Do you agree that in view of the continued COVID 19 pandemic, all such measures must be taken, should such hearings begin , as are utmost necessary to protect all stakeholders?
- Do you agree to authorise the SCBA and SCAORA Executive Committees, to discuss and finalise such measures including providing for consequential action for their breach, with the Registry of the Hon’ble Court?
- Do you agree to abide by such measures once put in place strictly and letter and spirit?
- Do you have a suggestion (in one sentence only please)?
Lastly, he concluded by saying “As your President, I would earnestly and sincerely request each of you to reflect on the above and give your reply as soon as possible, preferably today, to enable me and the EC to take a call on the matter and present a collective and well considered response before the Hon’ble Committee or before any other Committee in future. Please do take time off and respond as widely as possible to give the real pulse of this great Bar of the Supreme Court of India.”
-India Legal Bureau