The Central government on Monday notified the appointment of five Advocates and two Judicial Officers as Judges to the High Courts of Karnataka and Madras.
As per a notification issued by the Department of Justice under the Ministry of Law and Justice, two Advocates have been appointed as Additional Judges to the High Court of Karnataka, while three Advocates and two Judicial Officers have been notified as Additional Judges to the Madras High Court.
The two Advocates notified as Additional Judges to the Karnataka High Court are Vijaykumar Adagouda Patil and Rajesh Rai Kallangala.
Those appointed as Additional Judges to the High Court of Madras are:
– Advocate Lekshmana Chandra Victoria Gowri
– Advocate Pillaipakkam Bahukutumbi Balaji,
– Advocate Kandhasami Kulandaivelu Ramakrishnan,
– Judicial Officer Ramachandran Kalaimathi,
– Judicial Officer K. Govindarajan Thilakavadi,
Law Minister Kiren Rijiju congratulated the Additional Judges by way of a post on micro-blogging site Twitter.