The Allahabad High Court has sought response from Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) on a plea raising concerns over malpractices in the Uttar Pradesh Cricket Association.
The plea which has been filed by Avanish Kumar Rai said: “…petitioner would like to take indulgence of this Hon’ble Court in respect of deteriorating condition of cricket game in State of U.P. on account of corruption, favoritism and illegalities committed by the persons whose personal interest has been vested and to achieve their ill motive and gain undue benefits by using the game of cricket whole by the disqualified persons. The petitioner is a person interested in improvement of the cricket game and he has only concern to select the players on merits.”
A bench comprising of Justices Biswanath Somadder and Yogendra Kumar Srivastava adjourned the matter to Feb 12.
The petitioner has sought following directions:
- To issue a writ, order or direction in the nature of Mandamus directing the Respondent no.2 (BCCI) not to recognize the UPCA company and release fund to Respondent no.1(UPCA company).
- To issue a writ, order or direction in the nature of Mandamus directing the BCCI to recognize only duly constituted cricket society formed under Societies Registration Act in accordance with judgment of Hon’ble Supreme Court dated 18/07/2016 and 09/08/2018 and constitution of BCCI for the state of Uttar Pradesh.
- To issue a writ, order or direction in the nature of Mandamus directing the office-bearers and chairman/members of committees of UPCA i.e. Directors, President, Hony. Secretary, Selectors etc. those have stand disqualified as mentioned in body of this Writ Petition(PIL)to leave their respective post immediately.
- To appoint a probe committee to find out embezzlement of the fund of UPCA registered under society act(public fund) unauthorisedly taken over by the UPCA registered under Companies Act in the year 2005 and its founder members and also other corrupt practices of UPCA under supervision of this Hon’ble Court.
- To issue a writ, order or direction in the nature of Mandamus directing the UPCA to evolve the proper mechanism of selection by preparing electoral list as mentioned in the body of the Writ Petition(PIL)and election process starts from the root of all Districts of U.P.to elect office bearers of Districts and Districts office bearers only be permitted to elect office bearers of UPCA by abolishing present system of Company.
- Issue any other suitable writ, order or direction which this Hon’ble Court may deem fit and proper in the circumstances of the case.
- Award cost of this petition to the petitioner.
—India Legal Bureau