The High Court of Gujarat has issued a circular stating that it will hear all urgent fresh matters of all categories from June 15.
The Circular states that the Chief Justice after considering the suggestions made by the representative of the Bar and in order to further streamline the process of hearing of the matters through video conferencing has passed certain directions.
Some of the other directions include:
- The Hon’ble Judges before whom the matters are listed may decide whether the matter is urgent or not and accordingly deal with.
- Urgent notes may be filed in pending matters of all categories (without any exception). Such matters would be listed before the respective courts and the same would be considered by the Hon’ble Judges as to whether the said matters are urgent or not and accordingly deal with.
- All fresh matters and pending matters on urgent notes, for the first time will be listed by random allocation before the Benches designated for civil and criminal matters.
- The adjourned matters, as far as possible, will be listed before the same Bench, which had adjourned the concerned matter if such Bench is available in the specified category.
- The Cause list would be circulated two days in advance of urgent fresh cases as also pending matters on urgent notes. However, where listed matters are ordered to be placed on the next day or mentioning is accepted for the next day, a supplementary cause list would be published a day before.
- The listing of matters would be limited to 25 matters approximately per Bench for a day.
-India Legal Bureau