The Gujarat High Court through a notification on April 22, issued a fresh sitting arrangement of benches that will hear cases through video conferencing, between April 26 and April 30.
The High Court has notified two division benches and eight Single benches which are as follows.
1)Justice Paresh Upadhyay will heard the matters pertaining to Parole, Furlough, cancellation of bail, anticipatory bail applications and all other Single Judge criminal matters .
2)Justice S.H. Vora will take up applications for regular bail, matters arising from order regarding bail passed in pending matters by Subordinate courts and matters pertaining to conditions of bail granted by Subordinate courts.
3) Justice A.G. Uraizee will take up the specially assigned criminal matters.
4) Justice Vipul M. Pancholi will heard special criminal applications under Article 226 and 227 of the Constitution and applications under Section 482 of Code of Criminal Procedure.
5) Justice Biresn Vaishnav will consider service, education and land matters .
6) Justice A. S. Supehia will take up the specially assigned criminal matters.
7) Justice Sangeeta K. Vishen will heard all categories of civil matters except service, education and land matters.
8) Justice Ilesh J. Vora will consider especially assigned criminal matters.
As far as division bench is concerned , a division bench of Justices R.M. Chhaya and N.V. Anjaria to hear all civil matters and division bench of Justices Sonia Gokani and Vaibhavi D. Nanavati to hear all criminal matters.
In the notification it was clarified that e-filing mode as well as physical filing mode is continued only for extremely urgent matters and Cause list will be published on previous working day.