Mr. Amit Khare , Secretary of Ministry of Human Resources Development, Government of India has written a letter on Friday to heads of UGC, AICTE, NCTE, NIOS, NCERT, NTA, KVS, and NVS about the benefits of Arogya Setu to students, teachers, faculty members and their family members in fight against COVID-19.
The letter contains information about the Arogya Setu App, general measures for enhancing body’s natural defence systems and to light candle at 9:00 PM on 5th of April, 2020 for 9 minutes. The said app was developed by the Ministry of electronics and information technology (MeITY) and was launched on Thursday.
The letter further reads that Ministry of AYUSH has developed a protocol for immunity boosting measures for self care for kids. The protocol contains several self care guidelines for preventive health measures and boosting immunity with special reference to respiratory health. Ayurveda, being the science of life, propagates the gift of nature in maintaining healthy and happy living. The Ministry has published guidelines on Ayurveda’s immunity boosting measures for self care during COVID-19 crisis which are as follows:-
General Measures to Enhance the Body’s Natural Defence System:-
- Drink warm water throughout the day.
- Daily practise of Yogasana, Pranayama and Meditation for at least 30 minutes.
- Use turmeric, cumin, coriander and garlic in cooking.
Measures to promote immunity:-
- Take chyavanprash 10gms (1tsf) in the morning.
- Drink herbal tea/ decoction made from tulsi, dalchini, black pepper, dry ginger and raisin once or twice a day.
- Golden milk once or twice a day.
Simple Ayurvedic procedures:-
- Nasal application – Apply sesame oil/ coconut oil in both nostrils in morning and evening.
- Oil pulling therapy – take 1 tablespoon sesame or coconut oil and put in mouth and spit it out after swishing for 2-3 minutes. This can be done twice a day.
During Sore throat/ dry cough:-
- Steam inhalation with fresh pudina leaves can be practised once a day.
- Clove powder mixed with natural honey can be taken 2-3 times a day.
Lastly, the letter mentions of the appeal made by the Prime Minister that, the students may light a candle or diya or torch of their mobile phones for 9 minutes at 9PM on 5th April, 2020 to realise the power of light and to highlight the objective for which the country is fighting together against the corona virus. The ministry has made this clear that no one is supposed to assemble in colonies and roads or anywhere outside the house.
-India Legal Bureau