In view of the extended lockdown till May 3, the High Court of Meghalaya suspended working of Court and issued guidelines e-filing and video conferencing.
The step was taken by the High court in order to maintain social distancing norms described by the Supreme court and with a view to deal with the ongoing unprecedented situation following COVID-19 pandemic.
- Participants at the Video Conference would need to download the required app (VidyoDesktop/ VidyoMobile) on to the device that they intend to use for Video Conferencing.
- Wherever possible, proceedings by way of Video Conference shall be conducted as judicial proceedings and the same courtesies and protocols shall be observed.
- The participants shall refrain from using any recording device to record the proceedings during the Video Conference.
- The participants are required to join the Video Conferencing only from a silent room so as to avoid any disturbance.
- No third party shall intervene in the proceedings.
- An urgent request for hearing, stating nature of urgency in brief, not exceeding 2 (two) pages, can be sent via Whatsapp/ email by the learned Counsel/ Party-in-person on the following contact details:
- Registrar General: (+919863064897/ email@example.com);
- Joint Registrar (Judl.): (+919619820691/ firstname.lastname@example.org).
Complete details of the learned Counsel/ Party-in-person, including name, address, identity proof, contact number and email address, etc., shall be mentioned in the urgent application.
- The learned Counsel/ Party-in-person praying for listing of a pending matter in extremely urgent category shall inform the opposite party and/ or their counsel in advance. Proof of service to the opposite side shall be filed along with the application/ petition.
- Whether or not a matter will be considered of extremely urgent nature shall be decided by the Hon’ble Judges/ Judge depending on the gravity of the situation vis-à-vis merits of the case.
- The learned Counsel/ Party-in-person shall then send via email the petition/ application, as the case may be, not exceeding 15 (fifteen) pages, as far as practicable, as a single PDF document. The PDF document containing the entire pleadings shall be sent in a single email.
- The email, as above, shall be sent after 10.00 AM and before 01.00 PM on all working days from Monday to Friday.
- The URL/ Link, including the time slot and the date allotted, will be shared by email/ SMS/ WhatsApp to the concerned parties prior to the date of Court sitting.
- The learned Counsel/ Party-in-person may open the URL/ Link through any browser viz. Chrome, Firefox on any device having VidyoDesktop/ VidyoMobile application installed on it.
- The learned Counsel/ Party-in-person may submit the hardcopy of the application/ petition or matter of any other nature, before the High Court upon resumption of normal work. In that event, the matter shall be deemed to be presented on the date when the softcopy thereof was emailed. Court Fees are to be paid later on after normal Court works resume.
- The learned Counsel/ Party-in-person may, for any technical assistance, contact Smti. Dashalene Kharbteng, Central Project Coordinator, High Court of Meghalaya (+919862584105/ email@example.com]