ILNS: The Delhi government on Monday ordered to convert 100 rooms of Ashoka Hotel, Chanakyapuri into Covid Care facility by the Primus Hospital, exclusively for Justices and other Judicial Officers of the Delhi High Court and their family members.
The Aam Aadmi Party government, led by Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal, issued the following directions to the Primus Hospital:
- The Primus Hospital shall run the CHC facility at Ashoka Hotel.
- The biomedical waste disposal will be the responsibility of the hospital.
- The staff of hotel shall be provided all protective gear and given basic adequate training.
- Ambulance for transfer facility will be provided by the Primus Hospital.
- For any shortage of hotel staff, the same will be provided by the hospital.
- All the services, including rooms, housekeeping, disinfection & food for the patients shall be provided by hotel.
- The charges shall be collected by hospital and the hospital shall make the payment to the hotel.
- The Primus Hospital may accommodate their doctors, nurses and other paramedical staff at their own expenses after deciding the rates mutually.
- Dinesh Kumar Meena, Executive Magistrate, New Delhi District is directed to coordinate with the Primus Hospital and the Hotel authorities for setting up of the facility.
Read Also: Supreme Court to hear force majeure case
The order further said that non-compliance of this order shall attract penal action, as per the Disaster Management Act, 2005 read in conjunction with Epidemic Disease Act, 1897 and penal provisions of 188 of IPC.