The Supreme Court Collegium has recommended the elevation of six judicial officers and two lawyers of Bombay High Court as judges.
In a meeting held on 7th of September, the collegium approved the proposal for the the elevation of the these judicial officers and lawyers.
The name of the judicial officers is as follows:
- Sanjay Anandrao Deshmukh
- Yanshivraj Gopichand Khobragade
- Ravindra Madhusudan Joshi; and
- Vrushali @ Shubhangi Vijay Joshi
- Mahendra Wadhumal Chandwani
- Abhay Sopanrao Waghwase
The other two lawyers following lawyers have also been recommended for elevation:
- Advocate Santosh Govindrao Chapalgaonkar
- Advocate Milind Manohar Sathaye
The High Court is presently functioning with 44 permanent and 18 additional judges.
If the above six names are cleared by the Central government, the number of judges in Bombay High Court will rise to 68 judges.
The sanctioned strength of the High Court is 94 judges.