New Delhi (ILNS): A letter has been sent to the director of the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) by Varun Singh, representing the family of the Late Sushant Singh Rajput, alleging faulty forensic examination by the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) team in Sushant’s death case.
The letter states that though the AIIMS team which conducted the forensic examination, has been coming on TV and making the statements with regard to the report, repeated requests by the family to get a copy of the said report has met with no response from Dr Sudhir Gupta, the forensic head of AIIMS. It further stated that, the leaked report, if correct, amounts to drawing a biased and boastful conclusion from insufficient evidence. The objections raised in the letter are as follows:
· AIIMS was not supposed to prepare a post-mortem report, instead it was asked to give its opinion with regard to the post-mortem done by the Cooper hospital. Since AIIMS did not have the privilege to examine Sushant’s body, therefore forming the firsthand opinion about the cause of death is uncalled for.
· From Day one, Dr Sudhir Gupta has been giving TV interviews about the sensitivity of the case, questioning the role of doctors at Cooper hospital and the Maharashtra Police over the manner in which they have dealt with the case so far.
· There exist several infirmities in the post mortem report done at the Copper hospital. They are:
1. The post mortem was done at night without taking the permission of the Magistrate.
2. Several experts from forensic department across the world have also opined that the protocol for post mortem which should be followed in such cases was not followed.
3. Videography of the post-mortem was not done.
4. Sufficient viscera was not retained for future examination.
5. Time of death was not mentioned in the post mortem report.
6. Injuries on the body were not specified and thus there was no opinion expressed of the cause of such injuries.
7. The leg which was fractured was nowhere mentioned in the reports. There are several other infirmities which could be pointed out by a genuine forensic examination but somehow the same have been left out by the AIIMS team as expressed by one of the doctors in an interview telecast by a TV channel.
· Dr Sudhir Gupta has selectively got leaked to a couple of media houses, irresponsibly commenting that the death of Sushant Singh Rajput is “conclusively” a case of suicide and there is no foul play. This is done to create doubts in the minds of people and benefitting the culprits and derailing the ongoing investigation.
The letter calls the conduct of Dr Sudhir Gupta unethical, unprofessional and in contravention of government services. The letter also states that the AIIMS team has not given a categorical opinion on the flaws of the post mortem report done by the Cooper hospital and demanded that the matter to be referred to another forensic team to be constituted by the CBI.