The Telangana State Advocates Welfare Trust under the guidance of Chief Justice of the Telangana High Court has resolved to provide financial assistance to the needy advocates who are unable to meet their day to day expenses amid COVID 19 lockdown.
Applications of only those Advocates who have seven years standing at the bar upto May 12, 2020 will be received and will be subject to fulfilling the following conditions:
- The Advocate is in real and active legal practice at the Bar as on the date of application.
- Advocates / Applicants who have passed All India Bar Examination (AIBE) are only eligible.
- The applicant is not receiving any monthly payment from the Advocate office to whom he/she is junior.
- The applicant was not earning monthly income of Rs.15,000/- as on the relevant date.
- Spouse should not be a Government / private employee.
- Advocate enrolled after retirement from any service is not eligible
It has further been stipulated that “if any applicant furnishes false particulars to avail the benefit will be liable for disciplinary action, in addition to recovery of the amount.”
The applications will be received by a Committee consisting of a Senior Judicial Officer/ Judicial Officer of the court and the President and Secretary of the Association, which shall decide on the quantum of amount depending upon the number of applicants and availability of Fund. The amount will be credited online in the bank accounts of the needy advocates.
The eligibility criteria and instructions are available on the following websites:-
-India Legal Bureau