A Public Interest Litigation (PIL) has been filed in the Delhi High Court seeking legal action against all persons concerned who are using printouts saying “Judge” on their vehicles.
The PIL, filed by Advocate Sanser Pal Singh as petitioner-in-person, also seeks legal action against all persons concerned who are neither judge nor have obtained any authority to use judge car parking sticker but have got the sticker fraudulently and using it without any authority. The PIL sought legal action against all judicial officers of Delhi courts subordinate to the Supreme Court who have obtained and are using judge car parking sticker without following the guidelines of the circular passed by the District Judge, Tis Hazari Court, Delhi.
On 11.09.2018, the office of Tis Hazari Court had issued a circular containing guidelines to judicial officers of all the District Courts of Delhi for issuance and use of judge car parking stickers .
According to the PIL, the petitioner filed an RTI application before the public information officer, Office of Tis Hazari Court on 16.02.2022, seeking information regarding issuance of judge vehicle parking sticker pasted on a car parked in the Western Wing of Tis Hazari Court, Delhi.
The said public information officer through reply dated 07.03.2022, informed the petitioner that as per record available, no judge car parking sticker was issued to the above-mentioned car which means that the sticker pasted on said car was obtained and was being used in violation of the guidelines in circular dated 11.09.2018, the PIL states.
The petitioner filed three written complaints dated 14.03.2022 to the Supreme Court, Delhi High Court and to Tis Hazari Court against persons who are using such printouts and against persons who are neither judge nor have any authority to use judge car parking sticker but still they are using such sticker and concerned judicial officers who have obtained such sticker without following due process, the petitioner alleged.
Grounds mentioned in the PIL:-
(1) Because use of printouts having the word “Judge” written on it or judge car parking stickers obtained and used by non-judges fraudulently is a security threat as such a vehicle never undergo frisking by security staff of courts or other institutions.
(2) Because obtaining and using judge car parking stickers by the persons who are neither judge nor have any authority to such stickers is a very serious scenario.
(3) Because the guidelines contained in circular dated 11.09.2022 passed by Tis Hazari Court must be complied by judicial officers concerned because judicial officers have no discretionary power to follow or not to follow the said guidelines.
(4) Because the petitioner being very sensitive for and dedicated to justice, filed written complaints on 14.03.2022 to the Supreme Court, to the Delhi Court and to Tis Hazari Court, and as such is having pain that despite filing the above mentioned complaints, no action has been taken against the persons and judicial officers concerned.
(5) Because the petitioner made written complaints to the Supreme Court, to the Delhi Court and to Tis Hazari Court but no action has been taken so far.
- Restoring Court’s Credibility
- Allahabad High Court grants conditional bail to rape accused
- Remember human aspect while adjudicating cases: CJI NV Ramana at Telangana judicial officers’ conference
- Convicted man cannot continue as notary: Madhya Pradesh High Court