ILNS: The second wave of the Covid-19 pandemic has tightened its grip over the capital, with even the Supreme Court not remaining untouched. As a number of Supreme Court staff contracted the infection, the Apex Court decided to change the timing of commencement of all Benches.
According to a circular issued by the Supreme Court, all benches sat an hour late from the scheduled time on Monday, as the Supreme Court premises and courtroom were getting sanitized.
According to the Delhi Government’s Covid-19 Health Bulletin for April 11, the total number of new positive cases found was 10,774 in the last 24 hours, whereas, the total number of tests conducted were 1,14,288 and a total number of deaths occurred in the last 24 hours were 48.
The times of the commencement of the court will be as follows:-
· Court No. 1 with Coram of CJI S.A. Bobde, Justice A.S. Bopanna began at noon.
· Court No. 2 with Coram of Justice N.V. Ramana, Justice Surya Kant, Justice Aniruddha Bose began at 11.30 am
· Court No. 3 with Coram of Justice Rohinton F Nariman, Justice B.R. Gavai, Justice Hrishikesh Roy began at 11.30 am
· Court no. 4 (Special bench) with Coram of Justice Uday Umesh Lalit, Justice A Bhushan will sit after the Special bench matter is over.
· Court no. 5 with Coram of Justice A.M. Khanwilkar, Justice Dinesh Maheswari, began at 11.30 am
· Court No. 5 (Special bench) with Coram of Justice Ajay M. Khanwilkar, Justice Bhushan R. Gavai, Justice Krishna Murari will sit at 2 Pm
· Court No. 6 with Coram of Justice D.Y. Chandrachud, Justice M.R. Shah will sit at 6.
· Court No. 7 with Coram of Justice Ashok Bhusan, Justice R. Subhash Reddy will assemble after Special Bench in Court No. 4 is over.
· Court No. 8 with Coram of Justice L. Nageswara Rao, Justice Vineet Saran began at 11.30 AM.
· Court No. 11 with Coram of Justice S. Abdul Nazeer, Justice Sanjiv Khanna began at noon.
· Court No. 12 with Coram of Justice Navin Sinha, Justice Ajay Rastogi began at 11.30 AM.
· Court No. 13 Justice I Banerjee, Justice Krishna Murari began at 12 Noon.
· Court No. 14 with Coram of Justice Surya Kant will sit after Court No. 2 work is over.
· Court No. 15 with Coram of Justice Aniruddha Bose will sit after Court no. 2 work is over.
· Court No. 16 with Coram of Justice S. Ravindra Bhat began at 12 noon.
· Registrar Court V1 with coram of R.K. Goel began at 11.15 AM.
· Registrar Court V2 with coram of R. Kalra will sit at 2 PM.