Ministry of Law and Justice has announced in its order dated 13th April about the resignation of Justice Ajay Tewari, from the office of judge, Punjab and Haryana High court with effect from March 15,2022(afternoon)
Justice Ajay Tewari of the Punjab and Haryana was the second senior-most judge of the high court after the chief justice, Ravi Shanker Jha. He is learnt to have resigned due to personal reasons. He was due to retire on April 6, 2022.
A farewell party was organized by the The Punjab and Haryana High Court Bar Union in his honour on Tuesday.
Justice Tewari was born in 1960 and was a third generation lawyer. He has practiced for around 26 years before the bar before his elevation as the judge of the high court..
Justice Tewari is expected to start legal practice in the Supreme Court , after his retirement
- Delhi riots: Ex-AAP Councillor Tahir Hussain acquitted of all charges for defacing public property
- The Gay Question
- Hate speech: Delhi Police tells Supreme Court that no hate words were used at Hindu Yuva Vahini event
- Supreme Court finds fault with Rajasthan HC order reducing sentence in attempt to murder case
- Allahabad High Court rejects bail to Nepali man who chatted with Pak nationals using 11 numbers
- Delhi High Court refuses to interfere with admission criteria to Class 1 in Kendriya Vidyalaya